Richmond Park School are delighted to have formed a link with Tameside Primary School, aimed at enhancing the learning experiences for pupils at both schools. Tameside is situated in the North-West of Sandwell, one of the Metropolitan boroughs which make up the West Midlands. Like Richmond Park, they are a primary school who accommodate pupils from Nursery to Year 6 (3-11 year olds).
The two schools have already formed some interesting links, such as:
* The Year 2 classes from both schools have compared and contrasted each others localities. They shared information with each other by using webcam links in the classroom.
* Our Year 5 classes have been putting their numeracy skills to the test by holding a maths based competition between each other on Sumdog.
* We shared and participated in each others special assemblies (e.g. St David's Day and St George's Day) through video and audio links by using Skype.
* Children from both schools will have the opportunity to develop their letter writing skills by sending letters to pen pals.
* Staff and over 30 children visited us at Richmond Park in the Summer of 2013 to form stronger links with the school, as well as have a tour of Carmarthen. We taught them Dawnsio Gwerin and showed our Year 6 Leavers Concert.
We will be updating these pages with pictures and videos after each event.
To find out more about Tameside Primary School, please visit their school website by clicking here.