Twitter - @iJigso
Our 'Jig-So' project is a collaborative digital learning initiative between Richmond Park School in Carmarthen (@RichmondParCPS) and Abercarn Primary School in Caerphilly (@AbercarnPrimary).
The initiative was created by Mr Cooper (@DeputyDCooper) and Miss Williams (@AbercarnPS_RW) to engage the children from both school through the use of ICT to raise standards in Literacy, Numeracy, Welsh, etc.
Some of the planned activities are:
* Daily Facetime Guided Reading sessions between Years 3-6
* Use of HWB+ to email collaborative stories
* Children and teachers to write blogs and Twitter posts about their 'Jig-So' experiences
* Collaborative radio broadcasts on AudioBoo to share school news
* Children to create a joint monthly newsletter on Comic Life to share their work
* Use of IMovie to create presentations about each others towns/schools
* Create joint e-safety resources
* Play each other in sports games - children to film and record commentary during the game
* Use of Google Maps for children to write travel directions to each others schools
* Welsh conversations through HWB+ emails
* Create numeracy problems for each other on 'Explain Everything' and post to HWB+ for others to solve.
We will be posting regular updates of our activities with images and videos to our Jig-So blog. You can also follow our progress on our Twitter account by following @iJigso