At Richmond Park School our children follow the Read Write Inc. programme for phonic development. So what do children learn in Read Write Inc. sessions?
- learn 44 sounds and the corresponding letters/letter groups using simple picture prompts.
- read lively stories featuring words they have learned to sound out.
- show that they comprehend the stories by answering 'Find it' and 'Prove it' discussion questions.
- learn to write the letters/letter groups which represent the 44 sounds.
- learn to write words by saying the sounds and graphemes.
- write simple sentences
- compose stories based on picture scripts.
Children are assessed as they work with children at the same level. This allows them to take a full part in all lessons.
They work in pairs so that they:
- answer every question
- practise every activity with their partner
- take turns in talking to each other
If you require any further information about the Read Write Inc programme in our school, please feel free to contact your child's classteacher who should be able to explain the process of learning their phonics through Read Write Inc.