Information, Communication and Technology
Please click the links on the right hand side to find out about the ICT packages we use in school to develop Literacy, Numeracy and Digital Competency across the school.
Our vision for ICT:
At Richmond Park Primary School we value the contribution that ICT can make for the benefit of all pupils, staff, parents, governors and the wider community. To this end the school actively promotes and utilises ICT opportunities within the whole school structure and ethos and with greatest emphasis on the promotion of learning and teaching.
Our vision encompasses the following aims:
- to enable all our staff and pupils to be confident, competent, and independent users of ICT. We aim to use ICT where appropriate to motivate and inspire pupils and raise standards across the curriculum.
- to develop pupil’s ICT skills, knowledge, understanding and capability through taught ICT lessons and to provide opportunities for pupils to apply and consolidate their ICT capability across all curriculum contexts.
- to keep pace with educational developments in ICT and have a commitment to teachers having the necessary tools and training to do their jobs effectively.
- to promote effective learning and teaching and to use ICT to extend and develop communication skills for pupils, staff, governors, parents and all stakeholders.
We endeavour to develop our children's skills in ICT at Richmond Park School through a wide variety of mediums. Through teaching ICT, we equip our children with the skills to participate in a rapidly changing world where work and leisure activities are increasingly transformed by technology. Learners in our environment will be confident and independent in their use of ICT to solve problems across the curriculum.
We have a wide variety of ICT equipment in school which aims to develop the children to be computer literate and to use their skills in a range of contexts.
Some of this equipment includes:
- Interactive Whiteboards in every classroom
- An AppleMac suite
- A full IPad suite
- A laptop suite, with laptops in every classroom
- Digital Cameras
- Flip Mino Cameras
- Various sound and digital recording equipment
- Log Boxes