How can families create healthy lunchboxes?
This Pick & Mix 1-6 poster provides a range of ideas and practical tips to inspire families to create healthy school lunchboxes.
The message is simple:
For a healthy lunchbox pick & mix something from each group 1 - 6!
Pick and mix one tasty option from each of the food groups below to create a healthy lunchbox every day:
1. Fruit (e.g. fresh, frozen, pureed and canned in natural juice)
2. Vegetables and beans (offer different types and colours)
3. Milk, yoghurt, cheese and alternatives (e.g. soy, rice, oat and almond based products with at least 100mg of calcium per 100ml/g)
4. Lean meats and poultry, fish, eggs, tofu, nuts and seeds
5. Grain (cereal) foods (e.g. breads, cereals, rice, pasta, noodles, couscous, oats, etc)
6. Plain water (e.g. tap, spring, mineral, soda and sparkling)
For further ingredients and recipe ideas, please click here.