On Friday 13th July, we welcomed back Mr Linford (Headteacher) and his teachers from Tameside Primary School to Richmond Park.
Over the last two years, both schools have worked closely together in developing and sharing a range of initiatives aimed at raising standards, attendance and to provide new and unique experiences for our children.
During this recent visit, we shared examples of good practice within our school such as our ICT initiatives, PEAS (Parents Engaged Actively in School), ALN, Maths Makes Sense, Cornerstones, Read Write Inc, etc.
As well as this, we also discussed ways to develop the link between both schools even further in the near future. Some of the ideas we discussed were:
* Joint residential visits between both schools in Years 5 and 6 in both Birmingham and Pendine
* Children to create numeracy/literacy problems for each other through videos for each other to try and solve
* Developing Skype links throughout the school for pupils to share examples of work with each other
* Using email to develop writing skills through our online learning platforms
* An eco-school project between both schools
To develop our link further, we'll be taking 40 children and various members of staff up to Tameside in a couple of weeks. This will allow our teachers to share further information and initiatives with each other, as well as to allow the children to meet each other, take part in various activities and visit some of the local landmarks. The future looks very exciting indeed!