Please click the video below to find out the parents' views about our P.E.A.S (Parents Engaged Actively in School) initiative and some of the projects we've put in place in school to help support and engage with our parents:
This has been achieved through a number of steps, including:
* Family Fridays (parents/carers attend a club run by a teacher aimed at developing a new skill to help support the children at home)
* Generation Games Club (an after school club where children and parents attend together to learn new skills and have fun)
* Learndirect Club (an after school club where children and parents take part in online courses to develop skills and gain qualifications, including Employability, Languages and Computing courses)
* Social Media - we post daily messages to parents and pictures of the children's learning on our Facebook and Twitter accounts. We also post daily messages on our Schoop account to parents' phones which include our weekly newsletter.
* Numerous other initiatives such as a free drop in service fortnightly to support parents with employability issues/support entitlement, parents attending special attendance assemblies, parents reading with their children in class before school (ERIC time), a monthly additional needs surgery to inform parents about their children's progress, parents supporting with after school clubs, etc.
Further individual details of these initiatives can be obtained from our P.E.A.S page in the 'Information' section.
Please click here to view our PEAS poster for this years ERW Conference
Please click here to view our PEAS Calendar of events
Please note: The P.E.A.S logo and initiative is copyright to Mr Cooper and written permission must be obtained before using it.