Wriggle and Crawl is our theme for the first part of the summer term. This project has a science focus and the children in Dosbarth Tegid will learn about minibeasts and their habitats. At the heart of this project, the children will learn to tell stories using actions inspired by their work on minibeasts and then write them down. The final draft will be made into a book.
Towards the end of the project, the children will apply their skills and understanding by attending an Ugly Bug Ball!
During this project the children will learn:
- important facts about the life cycles of minibeasts, and how minibeasts live in their habitat;
- how to use research to find information - using non-fiction books and the Internet;
- how to measure and collect information accurately;
- to design and make a mask;
- how to use a range of instruments to perform music;
- how to write an oral story from an oral story they have created with actions
“The more we do, the more we can do!”