This project has a knowledge and Understanding of the World focus and enables the children to explore plants, animals and materials found on the seashore.
Dosbarth Taran will begin their topic with a visit to Pembrey Beach. We will use the children's ideas and interests to help us develop the project.
During the project, the children will be encouraged to think creatively when finding a mysterious message in a bottle washed up on a seashore.
In this project children will learn about:
- Plants and animals that live on the seashore
- Man-made and natural features of the seashore
- Names of different coastal towns and beach resorts in Wales
- Keeping safe on the seashore, including water hazards
- Properties of natural materials found at the seashore including sand, water, rock, shingle and driftwood.
- Creating temporary art using natural materials
- Traditions of the seaside
- Recording their ideas, feelings and experiences through drawing, mark making and emergent writing
- Using their voices and bodies to respond imaginatively to sounds and music
- The effects of pollution on the natural habitat
- The Welsh language using words and phrases across a range of experiences in the indoor and outdoor environment.